I. Definition and classification of water treatment pharmaceutical industry
Water Treatment refers to the whole process of using different water treatment procedures and chemicals to meet the requirements of production, living and environment based on the water quality of the water to be treated. The water treatment industry is divided into water treatment pharmaceutical
production and water treatment services according to the different products and services provided. The water treatment pharmaceutical industry belongs to the special chemical product manufacturing industry. The water treatment service industry provides water treatment solutions and provides on-site services based on the conditions and needs of the end customers. It belongs to the environmental treatment industry or professional technical service industry.
According to the classification of production processes, there are two main types of water treatment agents
in China: one is a chemical with a clear molecular structure and a compound name. This type of product is a fine chemical generally called a single-agent product; the second is water. Processing pharmaceutical compound formula products (hereinafter referred to as "composite products"). This type of products does not have a clear molecular structure formula and compound name, and is generally named after its use and performance characteristics (often crowned with a brand name), such as corrosion inhibitor, resistance Scale agent, bactericide, flocculant, pre-filming agent, etc.
The mechanism of action is classified according to the purpose. The main types of water treatment agents are flocculants, corrosion inhibitors, scale inhibitors and dispersants, bactericidal algicides and other auxiliary agents.
Application of water treatment chemicals
The application fields of water treatment chemicals are generally divided into: industrial water treatment, municipal / drinking water treatment, sewage / wastewater treatment, seawater desalination according to the different objects and methods of water treatment of end customers.
Development History of Water Treatment Chemicals
At present, the international water treatment pharmaceutical market is becoming more stable, the varieties of pharmaceuticals have reached maturity, and the overall development speed has entered a stable period, which is higher than the traditional economic development speed. The concentration trend of the water treatment pharmaceutical market has strengthened. The development of water treatment chemicals in China has been developed with the introduction of modern water treatment technology. The development time is about 30 years later than that of developed countries, but the development speed is very fast, and an independent research and industrialization system has now been formed. So far, China has more than 100 water treatment products. Various water treatment chemicals have basically met domestic demand from output to quality, and some products have been exported. Technically speaking, the production technology and performance of some products are already at the international advanced level.
Fourth, the characteristics of the development of water treatment pharmaceutical industry
1. Technical characteristics of the industry
1) There are many varieties of water treatment pharmaceutical products, the production process chain is long, chemical reactions and separation operations are complicated, and the technical characteristics and operation methods of each process are different. Therefore, production personnel are required to have high operating skills.
2) The technology of the water treatment pharmaceutical industry is relatively intensive, and the production process involves more patented technologies and proprietary technologies, which contain a large number of technical know-how and technical secrets.
3) The differences in the technical level of the water treatment pharmaceutical industry are mainly reflected in the differences in equipment levels, process routes, and process control capabilities of different enterprises. The process routes and technological levels adopted by different enterprises are not the same. There are some differences in quality and cost.
2. The production method of water treatment chemicals has experienced the evolution from batch production to continuous production.
1) Intermittent production method
Batch production is also called single-pot operation, which refers to intermittent feeding. After the production is completed, the materials in the kettle are discharged and then put into a kettle for production. Single-pot production is the main production method in the traditional fine chemical industry. It requires cleaning, feeding, production, and unloading. It has a long production cycle, high material exposure, high risk, high raw material consumption, and low yield. There are differences in product quality and the overall product quality is unstable. At the same time, workers have high production labor intensity, complicated material transfer processes, and are prone to pollute the environment. Even if energy saving and emission reduction measures are adopted, the effect is still limited. Increasing output requires investment in multiple sets of equipment, several production lines running simultaneously, large investment amounts, large floor space, and increased management difficulties, which put pressure on production safety, quality control, and comprehensive utilization of resources.
2) Continuous production method
Continuous production refers to the continuous feeding, continuous output of fine chemical products through continuous, complete, automated, and large-scale production equipment and processes for fine chemical products. It is not a simple 24-hour continuous production line. Chemical production can greatly increase the capacity of a single set of equipment and enterprises, the product quality is stable and controllable, and the recycling of various resources is achieved, reducing energy and material consumption, and being more environmentally friendly.
The main features of continuous production: replace the open production system with a fully closed production system; complete the continuous synthesis of products, continuous recycling of materials, recycling, and zero discharge of production wastewater in a closed system; multi-effect, cascade energy utilization schemes Design, unit capacity can significantly reduce energy consumption levels; single set of continuous production equipment to increase capacity and reduce investment costs.
V. Main barriers to water treatment chemicals
1. Safe production
Some of the raw materials and products required for the production of water treatment chemicals are hazardous chemicals, which are flammable, explosive, toxic and corrosive. In the process of production, use, storage and transportation, improper operation or management and inadequate storage of items It is easy to cause fire, explosion, poisoning and burn safety accidents. At the same time, relevant management departments have strict requirements on the construction, commissioning, operation, and qualification of safety technicians and protection of production personnel for projects involving hazardous chemicals. Especially under the situation of severe production safety situation, the requirement of production safety has become an important obstacle for other enterprises to enter the water treatment pharmaceutical production industry.
2. Environmentally friendly production
As part of the environmental protection industry, the water treatment pharmaceutical industry should attach more importance to green production itself. At present, the state requires enterprises to conduct environmental impact assessments in advance during investment and construction projects, and to build corresponding environmental protection facilities in accordance with relevant state regulations http://euhowblog.com
. The three wastes generated in the production process need to be treated accordingly to meet the national environmental protection requirements, and these requirements increase the production cost of the enterprise. Therefore, the continuous improvement of environmental protection requirements and the increase of environmental protection cost investment have become barriers for other enterprises to enter the water treatment pharmaceutical industry.
3. Technology and process
Major manufacturers in the industry have high-quality, high-volume production technologies, strong independent innovation capabilities, and can quickly produce high-performance, customized products according to the specific needs of customers. The large-scale production of water treatment pharmaceuticals requires a large number of professional production and technical personnel to carry out new product development and new process design. At the same time, it needs to rely on long-term accumulated experience of enterprises. The water treatment pharmaceutical industry has increasingly become an industry with higher professional technical requirements. At present, competition in the entire market is becoming increasingly fierce, and professionals are relatively scarce. The above factors combined constitute technical and technological barriers to the industry.
4. Scale effect
Early in the development of the industry, the industry did not have high requirements for the scale of capital investment of enterprises, and the barriers to entry were low. However, from the perspective of development trends, due to the gradual increase of related cost inputs, small enterprises without scale and technological advantages will be gradually eliminated. After large-scale production is realized, large enterprises will show significant advantages in terms of negotiating the raw material procurement of upstream enterprises and meeting the actual needs of downstream enterprises. At present, the global water treatment pharmaceutical market is also in a trend of continuous integration. The increase in the business scale of enterprises in the industry has made it difficult for new entrants to surpass it, forming barriers to industry entry.
In the actual procurement process of the water treatment pharmaceutical market, the factors that affect the success of the transaction include not only the price, but also quality assurance, after-sales service, long-term stable supply capacity, and the ability to assist downstream customers to improve the level of application technology. Evaluation system. This system reflects the overall image of an enterprise, and also reflects the brand value of the enterprise. Water treatment pharmaceutical manufacturers have formed a good cooperative relationship with downstream customers through their own brand effects, which has become a barrier for new enterprises to cross.
6. Management ability
There are many kinds of special chemicals and the production process is complicated. When the company receives a large number of orders and involves multiple products, it is often necessary to arrange the raw material procurement, production and logistics of multiple products in parallel within a short time, which will involve multiple The concurrent management of departments and equipment requires enterprises to have strong production organization management capabilities and rich experience in the production and management of specialized chemicals, and establish and implement a complete and effective production management system, quality management system, and safety management system.
Research and development direction of water treatment chemicals
1. Develop new multifunctional green water treatment chemicals. Strengthen basic research on the synthesis, structure and performance of water treatment chemicals. When designing safer and more efficient water treatment chemicals, biodegradability should be considered first. Traditional polyacrylic scale inhibitors have good performance but are difficult to biodegrade. Through biodegradability experiments, it has been found that the number of carboxyl groups in the molecular structure of polycarboxylic acid scale inhibitors, ester-based branches, and nitrogen and oxygen are inserted into the main chain Elemental methods can improve their biodegradability. In addition, for phosphonate and polymer scale inhibitors, molecular structure redesign can also be performed through computer simulation to obtain green water treatment agents with excellent performance.
2. Research and development of atomic economic response. Atomic economic reaction is to combine the atoms in the raw material molecules to the target molecules to the maximum extent, without generating by-products or waste, and achieving zero emissions of waste. Taking the synthesis of polyaspartic acid as an example and using phosphoric acid as a catalyst, linear polyaspartic acid with a relatively high molecular weight can be prepared, but there are problems of separation and emission of by-products. If no phosphoric acid catalyst is used, polyaspartic acid of the same molecular weight can be prepared by changing the reaction conditions, and no by-products can be produced, and atomic economical synthesis will be achieved.
3. Improve the production process of water treatment chemicals. Based on the green concept, we pay attention to the impact on people and the environment during the production process, and improve the production process of water treatment chemicals, such as the use of stable catalysts and non-toxic solvents. Scale inhibitors often have strong chelating power for metal ions .
During its synthesis, http://euhowblog.com
may react with metal catalysts to form chelate compounds, which increases the separation process and waste emissions. If a stable catalyst that does not react with the scale inhibitor can be used, the process flow can be shortened and clean production can be achieved.
4. Strengthen the research on the compounding of new and existing pharmaceuticals. While developing new green scale inhibitors, conduct research on the compounding of pharmaceuticals and exert their synergy to achieve better results. Because the compound formula can not only exhibit more significant scale and corrosion inhibition performance than a single agent, but also belongs to a low-phosphorus water treatment formula, which is accepted by the environment and has a wide application prospect.