State Council Institutional Reform Addition and Subtraction Act (with full list and duties)
The State Council's institutional reform plan was submitted to the 13th National People's Congress for consideration. According to the plan, after the reform, the number of agencies at the ministerial level of the State Council has been reduced by eight, and the number of agencies at the sub-ministerial level has been reduced by seven. In addition to the General Office of the State Council, the State Council has established 26 departments. The specific adjustments are as follows:
I. Adjustment of the State Council's constituent departments
1. Form the Ministry of Natural Resources.
The Ministry of Land and Resources, the State Oceanic Administration and the State Surveying, Mapping and Geographical Information Bureau will no longer be retained.
2. Establish the Ministry of Ecology and Environment.
The Ministry of Environmental Protection is no longer retained.
3. Form the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs.
The Ministry of Agriculture is no longer retained.
4. Form the Ministry of Culture and Tourism.
The Ministry of Culture and National Tourism Administration will no longer be retained.
5. Establish a national health committee.
The National Health and Family Planning Commission is no longer maintained. The State Council Leading Group Office for Deepening the Reform of the Medical and Health System will no longer be established.
6. Form the Department of Veterans Affairs.
7. Establish an emergency management department.
The State Administration of Work Safety will no longer be retained.
8. Re-establish the Ministry of Science and Technology.
9. Re-establish the Ministry of Justice.
The Legislative Affairs Office of the State Council is no longer retained.
10. Optimize the duties of the Ministry of Water Resources.
The State Council Three Gorges Project Construction Committee and its office, and the State Council South-to-North Water Transfer Project Construction Committee and its office will no longer be retained.
11. Optimize the duties of the Audit Office.
Supervisory board of key state-owned large enterprises will no longer be established.
12. The Ministry of Supervision was merged into the newly formed National Supervision Committee.
The Ministry of Supervision and the National Bureau of Corruption Prevention will no longer be retained.
After the reform, in addition to the General Office of the State Council, the State Council established 26 constituent departments.
Adjustment of other agencies of the State Council
1. Establish the State Administration of Market Supervision.
The State Administration for Industry and Commerce, the State Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine and the State Food and Drug Administration will no longer be retained.
2. Establish the State Administration of Radio and Television.
The State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television will no longer be retained.
3. Establish China Banking Insurance Regulatory Commission.
China Banking Regulatory Commission and China Insurance Regulatory Commission will no longer be retained.
4. Establish the National Agency for International Development Cooperation.
5. Establish the National Medical Security Agency.
6. Establish the National Food and Materials Reserve Bureau.
The National Food Administration is no longer retained.
7. Establish the National Immigration Administration.
8. Establish the National Forestry and Grassland Bureau.
The State Forestry Administration is no longer retained.
9. Reorganize the State Intellectual Property Office.
10. Adjust the affiliation of the National Social Security Fund Council.
11. Reform the national tax and local tax collection and management system. Merge provincial and sub-national tax and local taxation agencies.
The adjustments and establishments of the State Council-affiliated institutions other than the constituent departments of the State Council will be reviewed and approved by the newly formed State Council.